Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
If you are no longer receiving our news alerts via email it maybe because we no longer have your permission. GDPR came into force in May 2018 – this requires consented opt-in that you will have received an email about this. … Continue reading
The British Liquid Crystal Society is calling for nominations for the below listed society awards. All nominations must be sent to the Secretary (contact details and advert can be view here) by the new extended deadline of Wednesday 22nd January 2020. Society awards:Please see the advert and the BLCS website for full rules on each award here.
- G.W. Gray Medal
- C. Hilsum Medal
- BLCS Young Scientist Prize
- Date for the diary: BLCS Annual Training Workshop: January 8-10, 2020 in Birmingham
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2020: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2020
- BLCS Outreach Fund
- Garry Lester raises LC awareness at the UNESCO day of light
- Congratulations to Dr Apala Majumdar on winning National STEM award
- Date for the Diary: 2nd Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials 2019 Conference (POEM2019)
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2019: abstract submission and registration now open.
- Professor Helen Gleeson receives the Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year Award 2018 from the Times Higher Education