Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The BLCS Annual Meeting 2018, will take place 26th-28th March at the University of Manchester. The conference will cover cutting edge research across all elements of liquid crystal science, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, materials science and bio-science.
Abstract Submission for both oral and poster presentations and Registration are now open via the conference website.
Deadline for abstract submission: 7th February 2018
Deadline for early-bird registration: 18th February 2018
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2018
- Date for the Diary: Light Scattering for Soft Matter – Techniques and Applications: 4/5 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Young Researcher Meeting: 11 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: CECAM school on Liquid Crystal Modelling and Simulation
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Microdisplays 28 June 2017
- A report from the recent 2nd German-British Liquid Crystal Conference 2017 in Würzburg
- Merck displaying futures award for 2017: flexible displays
- Date for the Diary: Free one day SID meeting – High Dynamic Range and the future of TV, 27th February 2017
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2017: abstract submission and registration now open