Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
BLCS member and past Chairman of the Society, Professor John Goodby FRS, has won the 2014 AkzoNobel UK Science Award.
Prof. Goodby, who is Chair of Materials Chemistry at the University of York, was honoured for “profound discoveries and outstanding contributions in the fields of self-assembling and self-organizing materials and in particular the synthesis, characterization and application of liquid crystalline materials which are used in numerous high technology applications, including computer and imaging displays, sensors, surfaces coatings, films and adhesives”.
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2014: abstract submission and registration now open
- Opportunity for Early Career Researchers: UK-Korea Workshop on Soft Matter
- Conference Report: BLCS Annual Meeting 2013
- Conference report: The Molecular Modelling and Theory of Liquid Crystals
- I-CAMP Summer School comes to the UK
- George Gray
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2014