Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
If you are no longer receiving our news alerts via email it maybe because we no longer have your permission. GDPR came into force in May 2018 – this requires consented opt-in that you will have received an email about this. … Continue reading
The next workshop in this series will be held at the University of Birmingham from the 8th to the 10th January, 2020. The three-day event will start at noon on the 8th and finish in the late afternoon of the 10th, and will include lectures, practical training sessions and the mini-symposium. The workshop is intended for early-stage researchers (primarily PhD students, but also post-doctoral research associates and researchers in industry, who are relatively new to the field of liquid-crystal research, irrespective of their academic disciplines) and can offer limited number of places.
Expressions of interest in the prescribed format (see the attachment HERE for details) are currently invited for attending the BLCS Annual Training Workshop to be held in January 2020. Please email your expression of interest to email@example.com by November 22, 2019. Accepted participants will be notified in due course. The workshop website can be viewed here.
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2020: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2020
- BLCS Outreach Fund
- Garry Lester raises LC awareness at the UNESCO day of light
- Congratulations to Dr Apala Majumdar on winning National STEM award
- Date for the Diary: 2nd Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials 2019 Conference (POEM2019)
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2019: abstract submission and registration now open.
- Professor Helen Gleeson receives the Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year Award 2018 from the Times Higher Education
- Date for the Diary: Smart NanoMaterials 2018 10-13 December 2018