Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
A one day meeting focused on current and emerging liquid crystal technologies for a range of display and non-display applications is being held on 13th January, 2016, at the Department of Engineering, University of Oxford. The meeting will consist of a mixture of invited and contributed orals and will include all aspects of the research activities ranging from the synthesis of new compounds to the development of new devices. The workshop organiser is Stephen Morris. Abstracts can be submitted here.
- Public Lecture – Liquid Crystals. Watch it here.
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull
- Date for the Diary: Twist-Bend Nematics and Beyond Workshop 2016
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2016
- EPSRC presentation at Annual Meeting
- European Conference on Liquid Crystals
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2015: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: European Conference on Liquid Crystals 2015
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2015