Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
We were delighted to learn that Professor Roy Sambles FRS, former Chair of BLCS during 2000-2004 period, and winner of the George Gray Medal in 1998, has received a knighthood in the October 2020 Birthday Honours List for his services to Scientific Research and Outreach. Roy and his many scientific achievements are of course very well known throughout the BLCS community. Many congratulations, Sir Roy!
- Welcome to Nigel Mottram and thank you to Georg Mehl
- The 2020 BLCS Medal Winners
- Coronavirus postpones and the 2020 BLCS annual conference
- Calls for nominations to the steering committee
- New Design for Gray and Hilsum Medal
- The 2020 call for BLCS Prizes and Medals
- Date for the diary: BLCS Annual Training Workshop: January 8-10, 2020 in Birmingham
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2020: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2020