Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
On Thursday 22nd September, the British Liquid Crystal Society (BLCS) and the University of York will be holding a one day meeting to mark the retirement of John Goodby. The meeting will be held in the University of York and is entitled “A Life in Liquid Crystals – an international meeting in honour of John Goodby, FRS”.
For further information on the event click here.
- Date for the Diary: Liquid Crystals, Life and Languages, and other mathematical interdisciplinary studies: Tim Sluckin at 65
- Liquid Crystals Chemist Awarded the Royal Medal of the Royal Society
- PM-Displaying Futures Award for young entrepreneurs
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Advanced Display Systems, 27 April 2016
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2016: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Workshop on Emerging Liquid Crystal Technologies, Oxford 13 January 2016
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull
- Date for the Diary: Twist-Bend Nematics and Beyond Workshop 2016
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2016