Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
If you are no longer receiving our news alerts via email it maybe because we no longer have your permission. GDPR came into force in May 2018 – this requires consented opt-in that you will have received an email about this. … Continue reading
Internationally known experts, including industry leaders, will join the first European conference on Smart Nanomaterials to discuss the most critical technological advances, innovations and new practical applications in smart technologies.SNAIA2018 will provide a unique platform to meet, share knowledge and establish links between experts from academia and industry in the emerging fields of Wearable (Opto)Electronics, CMOS Photonics, Quantum Computing, Artificial Intelligence, OptoGenetics, Smart Coatings and Thin Films. This conference will include a session on soft matter and liquid crystal nanomaterials.
- Date for the Diary: IoP one day meeting on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in honour of Professors Jim Emsley and Geoffrey Luckhurst – 25 June 2018
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: 50 years of LCD Research, 7 June 2018
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2018: abstract submission and registration now open
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2018
- Date for the Diary: Light Scattering for Soft Matter – Techniques and Applications: 4/5 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Young Researcher Meeting: 11 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: CECAM school on Liquid Crystal Modelling and Simulation
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Microdisplays 28 June 2017
- A report from the recent 2nd German-British Liquid Crystal Conference 2017 in Würzburg