Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The 23rd Course of the International Liquid Crystal School will be the CECAM school on Liquid Crystal Modelling and Simulation, in Erice, Italy from July 13th (arrival) to July 19th (departure), 2017.The school is organized by CECAM-Italy e dal GNFM – National Group of Mathematical Physics. Details on the program, lecturers, registration and so on are available at here. Possible financial support for students is still available after acceptance to the school by the organising committee.
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Microdisplays 28 June 2017
- A report from the recent 2nd German-British Liquid Crystal Conference 2017 in Würzburg
- Merck displaying futures award for 2017: flexible displays
- Date for the Diary: Free one day SID meeting – High Dynamic Range and the future of TV, 27th February 2017
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2017: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: Young Researcher meeting
- ILCS Mid-Career Awards to Liquid Crystal Scientist from Britain
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2017
- Date for the Diary: Professor John Goodby Retirement Meeting