Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
Tim Sluckin is 65 this year and to mark his numerous contributions to Liquid Crystal Science and History there is to be a two day meeting at the University of Southampton on 30th and 31st August, 2016.
This is entitled: Liquid Crystals, Life and Languages, and other mathematical interdisciplinary studies: Tim Sluckin at 65
Further details can be obtained from here.
- Liquid Crystals Chemist Awarded the Royal Medal of the Royal Society
- PM-Displaying Futures Award for young entrepreneurs
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Advanced Display Systems, 27 April 2016
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2016: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Workshop on Emerging Liquid Crystal Technologies, Oxford 13 January 2016
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull
- Date for the Diary: Twist-Bend Nematics and Beyond Workshop 2016
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2016
- EPSRC presentation at Annual Meeting