Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The BLCS annual meeting 2024 will be held 10-12 April at the University of Oxford, Worcester College. The local organising committee is chaired by Prof Stephen Morris. Further details are available in the conference website.
- The 2024 call for BLCS Prizes and Medals
- Liquid Crystals at the Glasgow Science Festival
- Date for the diary: 2023 British Liquid Crystal Society Meeting for Early-Stage Researchers
- Calls for nominations to the steering committee 2023
- BLCS annual meeting 2023 abstract submission and registration open
- The 2023 call for BLCS Prizes and Medals
- Date for the diary: BLCS Annual meeting April 2023
- 2020 George Gray Medal awarded (at last) to Prof. Ewa Górecka
- BLCS Distinguished Visiting Lecturer Fund