Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
Abstract Submission and Registration are now open via the conference website.
Deadline for abstract submission: Friday 30th January.
Deadline for registration: Friday 24th February.
Please see the opportunities page to apply for student travel awards to this conference.
- Date for the Diary: Young Researcher meeting
- ILCS Mid-Career Awards to Liquid Crystal Scientist from Britain
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2017
- Date for the Diary: Professor John Goodby Retirement Meeting
- Date for the Diary: Liquid Crystals, Life and Languages, and other mathematical interdisciplinary studies: Tim Sluckin at 65
- Liquid Crystals Chemist Awarded the Royal Medal of the Royal Society
- PM-Displaying Futures Award for young entrepreneurs
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Advanced Display Systems, 27 April 2016
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2016: abstract submission and registration now open