Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The BLCS Annual Meeting 2015, will take place 30 March – 1 April at Sheffield Hallam University. The conference will cover cutting edge research across all elements of liquid crystal science, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, materials science and bio-science.
Abstract Submission and Registration are now open via the conference website.
Deadline for abstract submission: Friday 6 March.
(Also please note that a “late registration” surcharge will apply after Monday 16 March.)
- Date for the Diary: European Conference on Liquid Crystals 2015
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2015
- Event Report: British Council Researcher Links Workshop on Soft Matter
- Conference Report: BLCS Annual Meeting 2014
- Liquid crystal chemist wins AkzoNobel UK Science Award
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2014: abstract submission and registration now open
- Opportunity for Early Career Researchers: UK-Korea Workshop on Soft Matter
- Conference Report: BLCS Annual Meeting 2013
- Conference report: The Molecular Modelling and Theory of Liquid Crystals