Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
Merck has a new initiative to encourage young entrepreneurs in liquid crystals, especially flexible displays. Applications open from 3rd April 2017 to 19th May 2017 with up to 50,000 USD available per successful applicant. The website can be located here. Further information in the poster and booklet is available.
- Date for the Diary: Free one day SID meeting – High Dynamic Range and the future of TV, 27th February 2017
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2017: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: Young Researcher meeting
- ILCS Mid-Career Awards to Liquid Crystal Scientist from Britain
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2017
- Date for the Diary: Professor John Goodby Retirement Meeting
- Date for the Diary: Liquid Crystals, Life and Languages, and other mathematical interdisciplinary studies: Tim Sluckin at 65
- Liquid Crystals Chemist Awarded the Royal Medal of the Royal Society
- PM-Displaying Futures Award for young entrepreneurs