Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The SID and BBC Research and Development presents a free afternoon event with speakers from the BBC, and a demonstration of High Dynamic Range, High Frame Rate UHDTV will be provided. It’s a free meeting held at the BBC, full details and registration can be found here.
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2017: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: Young Researcher meeting
- ILCS Mid-Career Awards to Liquid Crystal Scientist from Britain
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2017
- Date for the Diary: Professor John Goodby Retirement Meeting
- Date for the Diary: Liquid Crystals, Life and Languages, and other mathematical interdisciplinary studies: Tim Sluckin at 65
- Liquid Crystals Chemist Awarded the Royal Medal of the Royal Society
- PM-Displaying Futures Award for young entrepreneurs
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Advanced Display Systems, 27 April 2016