Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
If you are no longer receiving our news alerts via email it maybe because we no longer have your permission. GDPR came into force in May 2018 – this requires consented opt-in that you will have received an email about this. … Continue reading
www.blcs2019.org. The Abstract Deadline is 24th February, and Early Bird Registration deadline is 17th March.
- Professor Helen Gleeson receives the Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year Award 2018 from the Times Higher Education
- Date for the Diary: Smart NanoMaterials 2018 10-13 December 2018
- Date for the Diary: IoP one day meeting on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in honour of Professors Jim Emsley and Geoffrey Luckhurst – 25 June 2018
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: 50 years of LCD Research, 7 June 2018
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2018: abstract submission and registration now open
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2018
- Date for the Diary: Light Scattering for Soft Matter – Techniques and Applications: 4/5 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Young Researcher Meeting: 11 September 2017
- Date for the Diary: CECAM school on Liquid Crystal Modelling and Simulation