Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
If you are no longer receiving our news alerts via email it maybe because we no longer have your permission. GDPR came into force in May 2018 – this requires consented opt-in that you will have received an email about this. … Continue reading
The BLCS Annual Meeting 2020, will take place 6th-8th April at the University of Aberdeen. The conference will cover cutting edge research across all elements of liquid crystal science, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, materials science and bio-science.
Abstract Submission for both oral and poster presentations and Registration are now open via the conference website.
Deadline for abstract submission: 6th March 2020
Deadline for early-bird registration: 6th March 2020
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2020
- BLCS Outreach Fund
- Garry Lester raises LC awareness at the UNESCO day of light
- Congratulations to Dr Apala Majumdar on winning National STEM award
- Date for the Diary: 2nd Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials 2019 Conference (POEM2019)
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2019: abstract submission and registration now open.
- Professor Helen Gleeson receives the Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year Award 2018 from the Times Higher Education
- Date for the Diary: Smart NanoMaterials 2018 10-13 December 2018
- Date for the Diary: IoP one day meeting on magnetic resonance spectroscopy in honour of Professors Jim Emsley and Geoffrey Luckhurst – 25 June 2018