Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
At the next BLCS annual meeting in Aberdeen 2021 we are looking for nominations for Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Officer and for Ordinary members onto the steering committee.
Nominations for committee must be sent to the Secretary by 15th June 2021. Both nominees and nominators should be members of the Society and permission of the nominee must be obtained. Nomination forms are on the last page of this letter which you can download from this link: committee nominations.
I would encourage you all members to consider nominating for this great opportunity. For further details of current committee members you can view the Information Pages.
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2021: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the diary: BLCS Annual Training Workshop: January 7-8, 2021 online
- The 2021 call for BLCS Prizes and Medals
- Congratulations to Professor Apala Majumdar who wins a Suffrage Science award for Mathematics
- BLCS Student Hardship Fund
- Professor Roy Sambles awarded knighthood in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- Welcome to Nigel Mottram and thank you to Georg Mehl
- The 2020 BLCS Medal Winners
- Coronavirus postpones and the 2020 BLCS annual conference