Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
While the focus of the meeting is on hearing about the work of research associates and PhD students, we welcome those at all stages in their career to attend what is promising to be an excellent day of science. Prof. Helen Gleeson of Leeds University will deliver a not to be missed plenary lecture. For enquiries and further information please see the flier here.
18/07/17 Update: The meeting website and registration are now available here.
- Date for the Diary: CECAM school on Liquid Crystal Modelling and Simulation
- Date for the Diary: One day SID technical meeting: Microdisplays 28 June 2017
- A report from the recent 2nd German-British Liquid Crystal Conference 2017 in Würzburg
- Merck displaying futures award for 2017: flexible displays
- Date for the Diary: Free one day SID meeting – High Dynamic Range and the future of TV, 27th February 2017
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2017: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: Young Researcher meeting
- ILCS Mid-Career Awards to Liquid Crystal Scientist from Britain
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull 2017