Welcome to the website of the British Liquid Crystal Society. The Society promotes liquid crystal science in the UK by organising events such as the BLCS Annual Meeting and by sponsoring prizes and lectures in the field of liquid crystals.
The BLCS Annual Meeting 2016, will take place 21st -23rd March at The University of Edinburgh. This year the British and German Liquid Crystal Societies have joined forces to bring together an exciting joint meeting. The conference will cover cutting edge research across all elements of liquid crystal science, including chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering, materials science and bio-science.
Abstract Submission and Registration are now open via the conference website.
Deadline for abstract submission: Friday 29th February.
(Also please note that a “late registration” surcharge will apply after Monday 29th February.)
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Workshop on Emerging Liquid Crystal Technologies, Oxford 13 January 2016
- Public Lecture – Liquid Crystals. Watch it here.
- BLCS Liquid Crystals Workshop at Hull
- Date for the Diary: Twist-Bend Nematics and Beyond Workshop 2016
- Date for the Diary: BLCS Annual Meeting 2016
- EPSRC presentation at Annual Meeting
- European Conference on Liquid Crystals
- BLCS Annual Meeting 2015: abstract submission and registration now open
- Date for the Diary: European Conference on Liquid Crystals 2015